Follow General Convention
on the Diocesan General Convention Website
Bishops, Deputies and others are packing now or already making their way to Salt Lake City for the 78th General Convention of the Episcopal Church, which runs from June 25th to July 3rd.
Keep up to date with what goes on (and learn more about why it matters) by visiting the diocesan General Convention Website, where as the Convention progresses, you will find
- Updates from our bishops and deputies
- Links to the General Convention Media Hub (including live streaming from Salt Lake City)
- #GC78 and #EDNY78 Twitter feeds
- Resolutions; Budget; Draft Schedule ~ Everything you knew you needed to know and plenty that you didn't know you needed to know until now!
- Embedded diocesan Facebook page
- Presiding Bishop election information
* * * * *
Welcome to St. John's
We are a vibrant community of faith where everyone is welcomed.
Our parish mission is "...restore all people to unity with God and each other in Christ."
Our congregation includes people of all ages from Pleasantville, Hawthorne, Thornwood, and Valhalla and other neighboring communities. Members come from a range of faith backgrounds including lifelong Episcopalians, those who have joined from another Christian faith, mixed-faith families and individuals seeking a deeper connection to God in their lives.
Our primary time of connection is at three Sunday services of Holy Eucharist. There is a relaxed fellowship between the 9:15 and 10:45 services starting at 10 a.m.
- 8:00 a.m. Rite I - This is a small service with formal language and no music
- 9:15 a.m. Family Service - this is a service for families with small children
- 10:45 a.m. Rite II - This is a traditional service with choir and organ music.
- We also come together for combined services during the year. Outreach in service to those in our local community and internationally is another hallmark of the life of St. John's. In addition to worship and service, we enjoy periodic all-member social activities.
St. John's Church is committed to:
- Nurturing in the Christain faith for both children and adults.
- Serving the needs of people beyond our parish and local community
- Providing Pastoral support of our membership and visitors
- Providing opportunities for diverse worship experience
- Inviting individuals to serve in ministry in areas to which they are drawn
If you are in the neighborhood, please come in and worship with us. Additional parking is available on Sunday mornings in the Girl Scout parking lot across the street from the church on Bedford Road.