We are a warm, vibrant, and caring community where everyone is welcomed.
Our parish mission is "...restore all people to unity with God and each other
Our congregation includes people of all ages from Pleasantville, Hawthorne, Thornwood, and Valhalla and other neighboring communities. Members come from a range of faith backgrounds including lifelong Episcopalians, those who have joined from another Christian faith, mixed-faith families and individuals seeking a deeper connection to God in their lives.
Our primary time of connection is at three Sunday services of Holy Eucharist. There is a relaxed fellowship between the 9:15 and 10:45 services starting at 10 a.m.:
- 8:00 a.m. Rite I - This is a small service with formal language and no music
- 9:15 a.m Rite III - This is a relaxed, lively service of music and worship designed for families with younger children
- 10:45 a.m. Rite II - This is a traditional service with choir and organ music
Although this is our normal schedule, we also come together for combined services during the year. Outreach in service to those in our local community and internationally is another hallmark of the life of St. John's . In addition to worship and service, we enjoy periodic all-member social activities.
St. John's Church is commmitted to:
- Nurturing in the Christain faith for both children and adults.
- Serving the needs of people beyond our parish and local community
- Providing Pastoral support of our membership and visitors
- Providing opportunities for diverse worship experience
- Inviting individuals to serve in ministry in areas to which they are drawn
If you are in the neighborhood, please come in and worship with us. Additional parking is available on Sunday mornings in the Girl Scout parking lot across the street from the church on Bedford Road.
Job Position Available:
Please submit your resume to the Rev Mary B. Gregorius at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing to St. John’s Episcopal Church, 8 Sunnyside Ave., Pleasantville, NY 10570